soundcraft spirit 328

cappo

hi guys, our spirit 328 no longer works. when we turn it on all lights peak to the max and stay that way. tried re-booting but same occurs. can anyone help, need desk back asap. cappo

A digital desk? Oh boy, the hint I would follow, other than bring it to the service: check all supply voltages. Since this has an in-built switched PSU, it could be that this is the part that's acting up. :(

Good luck ~

Norbert

A digital desk? Oh boy, the hint I would follow, other than bring it to the service: check all supply voltages. Since this has an in-built switched PSU, it could be that this is the part that's acting up. :(

Good luck ~

Norbert

thanks, will check. cappo

I've never opened up a 328 to see its innards but, along with checking PSU voltages, if you see any ribbon cables, re-seat them.

Beyond that, I'm with Laolu. It'll be the job for a Soundcraft service centre. Just to be depressing, you'll have to consider whether it's economic to repair a 15+ year old digital desk. They were wonderful in their day, but everything gets old.

I have two 328's..... had the same problem with one of them. The issue was the PSU... costly repair from Soundcraft which left me to buy a used one off the bay. 2nd one now is having issues so am going to buy the new A&H Qu-24 as soon as funds allow. 328s great desks but costly to repair

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Used to have one of these desks a long time ago.. Remember I had a similar fault and was told to open up and reseat the two cards in it as they sometimes move..try this before looking at psu.. Might be cheaper solution if it is that..

• 1 month later...

Good luck ~

Norbert

thanks, will check. cappo

Hello,

I have the same issue with a 328 mixer. It starts, turn on all leds, and the leds on right pannel ( with display ) seems to blink every second. I suppose it's a PSU problem. What are the correct voltages to measure on every pin of the psu? ( if somebody has a working one, or a schematic info for this psu).

Thanks a lot

Archived