Projection & Sound Connections

needhelp2014

Hello,

I am setting up a small film room using an Epson EB-X12LU EDU XGA Projector ceiling mounted and a motorised screen. Its interface has the following; USB 2.0 Type B, USB 2.0 Type A, VGA in, HDMI in, S-Video in.

I have a HDMI and VGA cable trailing above the ceiling to the projector so that I can connect laptop and Sky Box. The projector has a built in 2W speaker but I need more sound and was thinking of connecting a sound bar.

There is a bit of distance between the devices and projector and I was hoping to mount a sound bar on the ceiling to the rear of the projector and connect it to it. One of my problems is that the Skybox uses the HDMI connection so I am not sure how else to connect the sound bar.

If I run the HDMI from Sky to the Projector can I then connect the Sound bar with a cable from the Audio Out port on the projector. Will this reduce the sound quality.

Can you advise me on best possible setup and how to connect speakers to the projector so that I make easy use of sound with laptop and Skybox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderation: Sorry, but this forum deals more with professional video and audio systems rather than home theatre.

You might do better asking your question over on the HOME THEATRE FORUMS. They're generally a helpful lot (and even have a free download of a real time acoustic analyser to check out your system.

I'll close this thread for now.

Archived