Stagg Headbanger 7x10W RGBW mover

delicolor

It turns out that there is an undocumented menu where you can set persistent maximums for each colour, he had seen it on YouTube and forgotten he had done it! Just in case anyone else needs this one day press and hold ENTER whilst in DMX channel set mode.

• 9 months later...
There is a lot of these out there with different brands, I've been trying to find some reasonable reviews that actually talk about throw and beam width, but people only seem to use them in clubs and part of sets. I'm interesting in using them on stage. I'm not expecting brilliance (hence the price) but would be interested how wide an area they can cover at say 10 metres. Any ideas?

You might be pushing the Headbanger to their limit at 10m - the COB they're using gives a 25deg beam with the intensity over 3-5metre of something akin to a 500W Fresnel.

Stagg have a newer unit about to arrive using a 70W COB but the same physical size (more or less) called Cyclops - it might be worth trying to get hold of a demo of one. Price should be still sub £300 I believe. I've not seen one close too yet - Geoff's been busy catching up on "Cash in the Attic" so hasn't made it over to us yet :P

Archived