Soundcraft Si2 MADI Card not recognised

whisky-zulu

Morning all,

I'm likely to be in the minority here with owning a Soundcraft Si2 original console. I bit the bullet last month and purchased a Cat5e MADI expansion card for it after three years. For various reasons I was only able to get around to installing it on the desk last night and trying to link it with a Soundcraft Mini 32 stagebox. So, here's the deal. The card seems to be working fine, and the Data lights illuminate and stay steady on when the desk and the stagebox are connected up, but the desk doesn't appear to be recognising that it has a card installed and won't actually recognise that it's connected to the stagebox (it should come up on the touchscreen top right hand corner with a green stagebox icon and the patching options should be availble in the Inputs/Outputs patching options).

Now, after looking through the manual, it mentions "Dip switch settings" on the card itself, but unless my eyesight is getting really bad and I haven't noticed, I couldn't see any dip switches on the card besides the 64/56 channel mode selector.

This is all in stark contrast to the east I had of installing the MADI card for my Expression 3 and linking it up to the stagebox.

Really just wondering if anyone had any thoughts/ ideas before I send the whole thing off to Soundcraft with a note saying, "make it work".

Heard back from the guys over at Soundcraft today, and they recon that as the console is coming up to 5 years old it needs a new backplane installed. Now that I have that information, I was able to dig out this link: http://www.soundcraft.com/enews/sb/SB0033web.htm from their website about it all. Hopefully the backplane will be easy enough to install.

Heard back from the guys over at Soundcraft today, and they recon that as the console is coming up to 5 years old it needs a new backplane installed. Now that I have that information, I was able to dig out this link: http://www.soundcraf...b/SB0033web.htm from their website about it all. Hopefully the backplane will be easy enough to install.

Good Luck!

Archived