X32 sending aux in to logic

ukdeveloper

I've probably missed something but is it possible to route the aux in of the x32 out to logic.

Or any of the "other than the 32 inputs" for that matter.

For instance if you were recording a theatre show and was using the on board audio player of the x32 but wanted that to get recorded into logic how could this be achieved.

Is it possibly to have the aux ins or the player be routed to one of the 32 ins? I've not seen this in routing anywhere.

Cheers

Carl.

We have ours into logic using a firewire from the interface on the back of the console, this allows us to use all 32 channels to record straight into logic without using the onboard player. We have a lot of concerts so this works a treat for us.

Is this what you mean?

We have ours into logic using a firewire from the interface on the back of the console, this allows us to use all 32 channels to record straight into logic without using the onboard player. We have a lot of concerts so this works a treat for us.

Is this what you mean?

Kind of,

We can already get ANY of the normal 32 channels of audio in and out of logic. but we need to get the channels on the THIRD layer (aux/fx master) into it too as we use a few of the aux ins as audio inputs too.

Carl.

Hey!!!

Thanks for the amazing use of cut n paste. Especially referring me back to one of my previous posts which doesn't really reflect what I need to do at all. There was ONE reply in that thread which kinda addressed it, but on investigation I could not replicate it on my desk.

But you da man for trying!!!

Carl.

You can only get 32 channels out through the card, so you can't send all the main ins and the auxes out via the card. You can route the Aux ins to the card however

The card outs are assigned as blocks of 8, in the same way as the input routing. You can use any of the physical input and output blocks (Local, AES, P16, Aux In, Aux Out). Since the P16 channels are freely assignable to just about anything, you could use that to gain some flexibility in card routing. Doesn't get you past the 32 channel limit though.

We can already get ANY of the normal 32 channels of audio in and out of logic. but we need to get the channels on the THIRD layer (aux/fx master) into it too as we use a few of the aux ins as audio inputs too.

Thanks for the amazing use of cut n paste. Especially referring me back to one of my previous posts which doesn't really reflect what I need to do at all. There was ONE reply in that thread which kinda addressed it, but on investigation I could not replicate it on my desk.

your card out has a 32 channel limit - are you saying you want to take more than 32 channels out? you can't do that but it may help to be specific,

how many channels in total do you want to send to card out?

(there are limits to what a £2k piece of kit can do)

re previous thread, I assume you mean the thread titled 'behringer x32 inputs issue'?

if the thread didn't address what you needed and you tried something suggested that didn't work it would helpful to all of us if you posted back on that thread specifically what wasn't helpful, specifically what you needed and specifically what reply you tried that did not work. sarcasm isn't particularly helpful but the community is only as good as what you take the time to put back in.

much of the x32 stuff isn't dealt with in depth by behri, particularly when it comes to working around patches. posting up to blue room what works and just as importantly what doesn't would be helpful to all.

your card out has a 32 channel limit - are you saying you want to take more than 32 channels out? you can't do that but it may help to be specific,

how many channels in total do you want to send to card out?

(there are limits to what a £2k piece of kit can do)

re previous thread, I assume you mean the thread titled 'behringer x32 inputs issue'?

if the thread didn't address what you needed and you tried something suggested that didn't work it would helpful to all of us if you posted back on that thread specifically what wasn't helpful, specifically what you needed and specifically what reply you tried that did not work. sarcasm isn't particularly helpful but the community is only as good as what you take the time to put back in.

much of the x32 stuff isn't dealt with in depth by behri, particularly when it comes to working around patches. posting up to blue room what works and just as importantly what doesn't would be helpful to all.

We don't send ALL 32 channels to logic, we use about 24-26 so we do have some free. I wasn't aware of how to route AUX's to main channels though as this would solve our issue. Our issue is one of how would we tell logic to take the signal from an AUX? If we could route AUX1 IN to CH32 for example we could then tell logic to use CH32 that would be fine, but nowhere can I see how to do this.

Re sarcasm, I was having a bad day..... as long as it put a smile on your face though I succeeded in my quest. Something however tells me theres not often a smile on your face ;-)

***EDIT***

Ive just realised how this is done. The patching... not the making you smile. therefore this seems to be resolved. Thanks for everyone for their help even you S&L you miserable sod! ** laughs out loud **. :-)

select the destination channel - 32 in this case

select home button (top right)

select config tab

there is then a list to select the source which can be a card out, an aux in, a bus, or intriguingly a usb L/R (I hadn't seen this before until I just checked - I guess this is for usb playback, which I haven't used yet!)

Archived