Jester Remote

sambikeshed

Hi all,

Looking to use the remote function of my Jester 12/24 for an upcoming show. Not particularly clear if it can take any old pedal or if it needs something a little more specific. To be honest I imagine anything with a switch will be sufficient? This would be ideal aesthetically: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-Heavy-Duty-TATTOO-Foot-Switch-Pedal-for-gun-UK-/320779295720?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_SM&hash=item4aafef9be8

Any suggestions welcome!

Anything with a switch will do and will activate the 'function' on the closure of the switch (as opposed to the release). I'm guessing that the pedal allows for an on/off rather than a gradual fade off which would be confusing. The 'function' that is triggered has to be manually set in superuser and could be a sub bump or a 'go'. I'd be rather tempted to whack out a soldering ion and save a few pennies making up my own switch but if it works...!

Do you have an iDevice? They can all use the zero88 programme I think!

No, this is only with ZeroOS consoles, not the Jester.

On a Jester 12/24 or 24/48, the remote input accepts a simple switch which shorts tip and sleeve (left + ground) of the stereo jack (right not used). It can be used to emulate pressing any key on the console front panel - but only one at a time, PROGRAM/GO by default I believe but there are others you can choose in super user. See manual page 33 for details of defining and page 50 for wiring (or thereabouts I might not have the latest one).

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Archived