Club Screen control

Plotney

Hello everyone,

In the club I work at, there are a few tellies scattered around the club and I am thinking about hooking them up to light jocks(that's me) computer. At the moment the visuals just run from the DVD player. All the lights are controlled with ShowCAD.

What is the best way to get it all to work?

Step one - work out what you want to display on the TVs instead of a DVD loop.

From that you can work out what hardware / software you need. Then you can work out what control you need. There is an almost infinite number of options to your question, you need to think about exactly what you want to do before it can be answered.

Well, as most of the TVs are in the bar area, I was thinking of playing them drinks deals videos, and then towards the end of the night play the upcoming events videos, and if there are competitions, to announce the winners, so text input would be a bonus

Screen monkey would just play a cue list but I have found cue lists a pain to setup.

I use LED studio for signage sometimes but changing to a different loop is clunky

VLC would be an easy solution with two playlists

I would not bother linking it to the desk unless you want the tvs part of the 'show'

• 5 weeks later...

Screen monkey would just play a cue list but I have found cue lists a pain to setup.

I use LED studio for signage sometimes but changing to a different loop is clunky

VLC would be an easy solution with two playlists

I would not bother linking it to the desk unless you want the tvs part of the 'show'

Showcad does allow MIDI control of externals.

Maybe a usb to midi device then a programme like MIDI KEYS recalling MIDI CONTROL

some pre-saved macros loading a playlist on VLC ?

A Bit clunky , but should work /

Matt

Archived