Selecon PL1 LED Profiles

Richard Simpson

Hi All

I am looking to purchase some of the above and some fresnels. Do you have any? experiences so far? and what did they replace.

I realise it may be too early since the price of them dropped but I get the feeling there are quite a few out there so it would be good to have some feedback good or bad.

I intend to replace some ageing CCT 650w fixtures with them.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have one of each of the PL1 range (profile,Fresnel and flood) set up in our demo room and I think they look impressive.

Nice smooth wash, you do however have to make sure you dial the fan down.

If you want to see one, please give me a shout.

Ben

...however have to make sure you dial the fan down.

Hi Ben - rather badly documented is that if you set the fan control to "Quiet" mode, then it will use the min and max fan speeds defined (and reduce LED power instead if it has to). We have initially set outs to 0-40% which is almost silent. This makes them usable even in intimate venues like the Chesil where the audience sit right under our LX bars! You can also switch from Quiet to Normal modes from the desk if you want to give them a blow out after being on high output for a while, for instance during the interval. Peter

...however have to make sure you dial the fan down.

Hi Ben - rather badly documented is that if you set the fan control to "Quiet" mode, then it will use the min and max fan speeds defined (and reduce LED power instead if it has to). We have initially set outs to 0-40% which is almost silent. This makes them usable even in intimate venues like the Chesil where the audience sit right under our LX bars! You can also switch from Quiet to Normal modes from the desk if you want to give them a blow out after being on high output for a while, for instance during the interval. Peter

Not quite. The quiet/normal setting does not change its min/max speed. Setting quiet mode changes the curve of the fan speed. Say you have the fans set to 0-100% and you go from off to full RGBW. In normal mode, the fan will ramp up as fast as it can to get to the right speed. In quiet mode, it will still ramp up to 100%, but it will take some time to get there so the change is not as noticeable. Setting the upper limit of the fan is what will cut the noise down if desired. Some people also set the lower limit to a level so the fans never shut off. That way the fans are never going from 0 to 100, but from some level to 100 and is not as much of a change.

Archived