Slack cables in rig

dedwards96

That was suggested in post 2, and rejected, for good reasons, in post 3.

AHHH :) I must admit I didn`t see that post.... My apologies.

The 16A refers to the connector, not the requirements of the device nor the capacity of the supply (which may be lower than 16A - dimmed supplies for example are quite commonly 10A, using 15A or 16A connectors).

Hi Mark I know that mate , I just thought the OP was saying that the LED Pars he had each needed more than the 15A he had available....

WOW imagine the size and brightness of those LED`s if that were the case ** laughs out loud **

Someone here made the most sensible soulution.

Just simply put T-Line 16a connectors on each LED Par and make up some short-ish !6a TRS.

That way, no matter where they are rigged - on a bar, truss, floor, whatever - its dead simple for daisy chain cabling up.

One of the bands I work with who have all thier own kit - everything on the floor - LED cans, smoke, hazer, barrel scans, LED 'mirror ball type thing' is all on 16 T connectors. Of course it cant all be connected up on one supply. I use 3 16a supplies. One does the smoke & hazer, one does all the LED and one does the barrel scanners. Just makes cabling everything up so straight forward and quick to rig / de-rig

Umm pretty sure 16A refers to the current of the load and not the power required??

What's the difference? In real, everyday, terms?

16A is normally specified for non-dim circuits simply to avoid confusion.

True Andrew - but bear in mind that a lot of new builds / installs now, its ALL 16 amp. as is usually event hire kit regardless if its generic lamp or mover etc.

At my place, in the theatre every 16 amp connector is black and anything that needs hot-power only and not dimmed has 'ND' on the connector.

WOW imagine the size and brightness of those LED`s if that were the case ** laughs out loud **

I can normally get 3 colorblaze48s to a 10A circuit at work before the inrush current pops the breaker, but 3 to a circuit will sometimes trip on power up.

On paper the 6 we have would fit in a 10A supply, if the inrush could be softened.

The inrush current can be significant on LED kit.

Archived