Behringer X32 LINK CHANNELS

ukdeveloper

Does anyone know if there is a way to link either non adjacent channels or at least link non ODD channel number start.

Sorry if that don't make sense, but currently I seem to only be able to link channels 1+2 3+4 5+6 etc...

I have Keyboards on channels 12+13 but can't seem to work out a way of linking them. it seems to default to 11+12 or 13+14

Any clues?

UKD

As far as I'm aware, that's the only link option on the Behringer, this is also the way that it's done on the Midas Desks too. I tend to either leave a gap or put another mic on the kit if I need to.

Josh

As far as I'm aware, that's the only link option on the Behringer, this is also the way that it's done on the Midas Desks too. I tend to either leave a gap or put another mic on the kit if I need to.

Josh

There have been a few requests for linking non-adjacent faders, for example to link across layers so ch.16 might be CD left and ch.32 CD right to save tying up faders on one layer. I believe it's under consideration for a future firmware update.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Im having another MAJOR issue with this board too, I wonder if you could guide me as to whether I'm doing something wrong or not.

Im trying to set up a basic theatre show using X-Edit and scenes for mic mutes etc. They also have a live band (I'm using ch 1-16 for the band). So in X-Edit I set up a very rough mix, and I enable fader safe across 1-16 so that the bands "mix" doesn't change from scene to scene.

However when I save the show data to stick and transfer it to the X32, because the scenes have channel safe on them, scribble strip data etc does not get transferred to the X32. If I turn off channel safe and move to the next scene the scribble data returns.

What I need is for faders to stay where they are when changing scenes as well as bus sends and all EQ. the only things I really want to be physically changed by the scene changes are MUTE and FX. However if I save this to stick and, initialise the board, then reload the show, I get no fader "mix" levels because the faders are on channel safe.

I need for all this data to be saveable and recallable as I then need to take the board to another theatre, do a different show and bring it back again to do this rest of the run of this show.

I hope this makes sense 'cos its even confusing me just typing it ** laughs out loud **.

UKD.

I think you need to remove the safes in the editor, load the Show into the console, get the mix up, then apply the safes and re-save the show. Could be wrong - my remembery ain't what it used to be.

Thats how I perceived it too. Bit of a ball ache if you do lots of the same shows spread apart. Having to remember which safes you use for what show etc.

UKD.

It is the only way (for now) to do this. Another slightly limiting part is the lack of individual partial safes. You can have a parameter safe for things and then channel safes but nothing else.

This does what most people might need it to do (for example, having band channels completely safe and mic channels safe excluding fader position etc) but is a bit limiting if you wanted a 3rd safe type.

That said, they're 19 and a half pence so we mustn't grumble.

Archived