QLab scripting / Serial Commands

Gareth A

Hi.

Something totally different that normal DMX shutters.

We are using Sanyo XF1000 Projectors and QLab 3.

Is there anyway (as I'm not an expert at all in serial commands for projectors) for QLab 3 to send out a serial command that can open and shut the internal shutter as part of a Q?. We have DMX shutters, and they are totally stable, however it would be nice that the Q came from QLab directly and not the lighting board.

If anyone knows how to do this - would be interested to hear.

Cheers

If the LX desk will accept MIDI commands, you could send a MIDI message from Q-Lab.

Whilst this doesn't strictly achieve your desire for the cue to come directly from Q-Lab, as it is routed via the LX desk, you only have to fire cues from the Mac and for all intents & purposes forget the LX desk is there.

It's been a while, but I have used Qlab 2 to control the shutter on panasonic networked projectors.

I think the system worked, by having the projectors networked together - and with Panasonic resulted in being able to access a web page (using the I.P of the projector) which had remote control options such as shutter, and input etc.

Through this we then created a script cue, which linked to the page brought up when activating the Shutter via the web page.

Hope that makes sense, may be possible through your projectors too, not too sure how Qlab 3 would react however.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived