martin mac 250 won't strike

liamy

Hey I'm kinda new to this and don't Have much experience but I have 2 issues with separate martin mac 250's the first won't light up ie bulb won't strike, bought brand new Phillips bulb sumtimes get an error leer otherwise just won't light up can someone explain in layman's terms what to do with being to technological, my second issue is quite the opposite I have another mac which wont dim now I assume this is a shutter issue.but is the a quick fix?

Cheers

could be a couple of things:

Check the lamp is fitted correctly,

Check that the new lamp hasn't blown,

if its neither of these it may be that the balast has gone

the shutter is mecanical on the 250's turn it on and before you lamp it on just take the top off and try and change the dimmer and look to see if the shutters are moveing it will be fairly obvious if there not you should also be able to tell if the stepper motor is gone

sam

before you swap out the ballast, you should make sure that the lamp holder is in condition so that the lamp is making proper contact.

also you might want to swap the starter/ignitor before the ballast. if you follow the cables connected to the lamp holder this should take you to the starter (although don't quote me on that!) this is an easier part to change first and also a part that fails more often.

Yep - it's more likely the ignitor failed which can be caused by trying to strike a dud lamp. I think too, that the wiring from the lamp to the ignitor can sometimes fail which causes all sorts of unpredictability.

I would put your fixture in close proximity to a Martin trained service person as soon as.

Archived