Busking moving lights on an ETC Element

gyro_gearloose

We've got an ETC Element at work, and our rig consists of generics plus a handful of scrollers which get wheeled out for the occasional show. I have used moving heads with the desk, but that was only for a cued show. Now that we've got a slow week coming up I'd like to get to grips with busking moving lights on the Element, if its possible. However, never having really busked moving lights on any desk I'm not sure where to start. I'm guessing that while the Element can handle moving lights in a cued show, it seems targeted more towards venues with predominantly generics? Certainly the inability to re-size the moving light control window seems like a deliberate way of limiting the functionality of the desk. So my question really is where should I start?

Can the element run a cue stack on each sub master like its bigger cousins? Vertical busking can work well on eos, build cuestacks for colour/gobos and positions and manually step through each or use goto to create new looks.

Archived