Cracked oil hazers

melkin

Hey guys,

We are in the market for a cracked oil hazer at work and have about 2k to spend. Obviously looking at the DF 50 and the swe fog but both are coming out at about 2.5k. However we have been given a price of 2k for a Cirrolite cs6 strata cracker and on doing some research about it myself it seems very similar to the swe fog and the df50.

Just wandered if anyone has any experience of these or has used /seen one at any time? If so what's your thoughts?

Cheers

Does it have to be brand new? I've got two df50s at work that have been going strong for 14 years! As long as you clean the air trap every few months you'll be fine. They're bricks for a reason :P

I've a feeling Lite Alt may have been selling a couple of them a while ago. But you'll find them online somewhere for sure.

There fantastic hazers if you don't mind the noise.

The DF-50 is the standard by which all oil hazers are judged, in my humble opinion. You just can't beat the quality of haze they produce. I've also had a CS6 in the past before, and they aren't too bad at all. One very useful unique feature of the CS6 is that you can locate the compressor remote to the hazer part - and so get rid of the annoying noise.

Why are you preferring to go down the cracked oil route? Very messy on your kit after a period of time.

The even quality of the haze they produce isn't even remotely comparable to water-based haze.

a couple of options that you may want to consider - from someone who has owned several df50's

1) Antari HZ500 - their "df50" - purchased over a year ago to try out after getting a great trade show deal - superb bit of kit. Same output as a df50, indistinguishable quality of haze and a lot quieter running than the DF50. Built into a flight case which is very well thought out, build quality is top notch and you could buy 2 of these for one DF50. I'd buy one over a DF50 any time. DMX standard too.

2) Pea Soup phantom. better quality haze than a DF50, with adjustable output from nothing to the output of several df50's. Longer hang time, much dryer haze. Oil based but with a heater vaporiser as well as a gas powered atomiser. downside: needs a Co2 bottle, but on the plus side, its near silent running. half the price of a DF50 too, and british made. DMX is extra, but this for me is the machine with the best quality and best hanging haze on the market, including DF50's and MGC's.

Archived