Looking for remote control HD camera with low latency

timsabre

As I've previously posted we are testing some Datavideo PTC-100 remote controlled HD cameras at my church for recording, web broadcast and occasional Imag.

They are (relatively) cheap for HD-SDI cameras, and the picture quality is good, but there is a horrendous latency of about 10-12 frames which makes them no good at all for Imag. By the time we've added another frame in the mixer and a couple more in the projector, it's getting ridiculous. The image lag makes them really hard to manually position as well, you always overshoot where you want to go.

Does anyone have experience of other HD-SDI remote cameras, for example Panasonic AW-HE50 or 60, and can tell me what sort of latency there is on the image? I am not sure if this is normal for this type of camera.

We have to connect by HD-SDI, I'm not looking to use IP or anything like that, and there are some quite long cable runs which rule out HDMI (we don't have spare sockets on the mixer either - Atem-1)

Archived