ipmidi-Midipipe

Kostis

Hello,

I would like to set up a playback system with a main and a backup machine.

I was told that I can send midi over network so I set up a LAN and I hooked up to the router two Macs.

The main machine is gonna be a Macbook Pro v.10.7.5 and the backup a Macbook v.10.5.8.

I have installed in both Macs Qlab 2.3.5 , ipMidi (Macbook Pro ipMidi v.1.6 & Macbook ipMidi v.1.5 because of compatibility) and Midipipe v.1.4.6.

So I used Midipipe on the Main machine to set a Midi in to be my controller and a Midi out to be ipMidi.Then I launched Qlab in both machines and on this step I was told that if I go to the Qlab's Remote Control page on the backup machine and click capture next to each control and then press a key from my controller the main machine should receive the controller key press pass it to ipMidi and through Midipipe be received at the backup.

Unfortunately I didn't make it.

Do I have to also launch Midipipe on the backup machine a make a new pipe?Do I have to change anything on Network or Sharing Preferences?

I have checked Audio Midi Setup and ipMidi seems to be installed properly on both machines.I also turn off Airports and I have tested the LAN by sharing some files.

Thanks in Advance,

Kostis

On Qlab, have you set the Midi In patch to be from the ipMidi Device? Have you checked that you can get Qlab on the machine with the Midi Input (not over network) to work?

Josh

Concerning the latter yes,

now about the first , is there a need to set Midi in patch to be ipMidi since its assignment for Midi cues?I reckon I tried but nothing happened.I ll give one more try.

On Qlab, have you set the Midi In patch to be from the ipMidi Device? Have you checked that you can get Qlab on the machine with the Midi Input (not over network) to work?

Josh

Concerning the latter yes,

now about the first , is there a need to set Midi in patch to be ipMidi since its assignment for Midi cues?I reckon I tried but nothing happened.I ll give one more try.

Unfortunately nothing happened.

Archived