Kask Super Plasma Helmets

chrisdwalker2002

So Ive come across these Kask Helmets and wondered what others thoughts are on them.

They seem like an absolute steal on eBay currently .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kask-SUPER-Plasma-Rock-Climbing-Helmet-EN12492-/281137525831?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Climbing_Mountaineering&hash=item41751a3447

As far as I can tell from the Kask website, they meet CE EN 397 and CE EN 12492. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks.

I use a Kask Plasma, and it's excellent. It seems to be a Plasma pictured in that ebay listing, I think the "Super Plasma" is a slightly different helmet.

I don't think you can get a helmet that fully complies with both CE EN 397 and CE EN 12492, because the requirements for the chin strap are mutually exclusive. (EN397 requires the strap to break below a certain load, so it can't strangle you. EN12492 requires it not to break at a (higher) certain load, so that it'll stay on your head as you're bouncing down a mountain side.) The two standards are broadly equivalent as far as protection from falling objects is concerned. If it's important to you to get a helmet that complies with EN397 I think its the plain "Plasma" you'll be wanting.

Archived