sACN Arduino Client

fliggygeek

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know that I have some code working for an Arduino Mega based sACN node.

The code will do a full universe of DMX and also works if you want to run addressable led strip off it.

If anyone wants the main guts of the code for any other C based microcontroller, you are welcome to ask.

Regards,

David

Thank you very much for sharing!

It may be a lot easier to use github or something similar and just tell people where the code can be found....

Im posting because theres a seemingly recurring theme of questions regarding common microcontrollers and DMX/ethernet capabilities.

Hi David,

I would love to give this a go,

I want to use the code to drive 24 channels of analogue output off sACN for a wee LED project.

Cheers,

Chris

Code here for the little demo that works with addressable LED Strip

Mega File download

Works best on Arduino MEGA 2560 due to ram considerations, may work fine for fewer than 100 channels on standard arduino with ethernet shield.

Thanks for posting this up.

I've recently started playing with Arduino with the intention of seeing what's possible for lighting control. Slightly adapting your code, I was able to get a single colour 8x8 LED matrix working, pixel-mapped from MagicQ. Something bigger and RGB will be next...

Thanks for posting this up.

I've recently started playing with Arduino with the intention of seeing what's possible for lighting control. Slightly adapting your code, I was able to get a single colour 8x8 LED matrix working, pixel-mapped from MagicQ. Something bigger and RGB will be next...

I have tested it to 512 channels with no visible lag.

I have also tested it with 2 universes but that introduces at least .5 second lag.

• 1 year later...

Archived