how to connect sennheiser paddles

Corsa105

Hi everyone

I have two sennheiser asa1's running two lots of 4 g3 recievers, these are both connected to the two small stubby arials on each asa1.(so four arials in total)

I have manged to get hold of two sennheiser arial paddles and need help in patching the two asa1's together, so I can use all 8 recievers on just the two paddles.

ive got the instuctions but finding it hard to understand the diagram can anyone help im sure its just a matter swapping a couple of wires around but as the power comes down the bnc ends I dont want to get it wrong!

thanks for any help

Remember, once you have the luxury of remote antennae, it's well worth getting them as far apart as possible. That, more than the fact they're paddles, will probably fix the bulk of your drop outs.

Connect the paddles to A in on both ASA's then use the A out to go to the B in on the other ASA and vice versa.

Not to nitpick ;) but the ASA1s are designed with an 8 way system in mind. Simply connect the A out on the back of the ASA1, to its own B in. What you essentially do is turn each ASA into an 8 way split of a single antenna. Then wire one of the ASAs to all the A antenna connections on your receivers, and the other ASA to the B antenna connections.

The advantage of doing it this way is that losing power to one ASA will not cause you to lose half your receivers, you'll just lose diversity...

Archived