Yamaha cl to aes50

haymere

the short answer is no

CL protocol is DANTE where as the X32 uses AES50 both of which are not compatible.

A Klarke Teknik DN9650 is your friend here it converts DANTE into AES50

now whether this would work on the X32 protocol of AES50 is anyones guess -

failing that get NUENDO and with the dante software record the gig off the CL board via dante and then mix down on your laptop at home.

HTH

Dan

I need to record an event in October which has a yamaha digital stage box on it and need to get it into AES50 for my X32 is there a logical way to do this

Two ways to do this, the first is with a KT DN9650 with a dante card in. The second is just to plug your recording computer into the dante network and install Dante Virtual Soundcard

A show Iv been involved with recently had the same situation as you but from the opposite end, the live desks we're midas pro2, the recording was in dante, so we sourced a DN9650 network bridge to do it.

Few things we learned that may be of use to you:

- theres a slide in the midas training, I cant remember how its worded, but it seems to have given everyone I know (from several different sessions of the course, with different trainers) that the 9650 is a any protocol to any protocol magic box- its not, its an option, ie theres an AES50-madi one, an AES50-Dante one, an AES50-ethersound one.. make sure your hireing the right version.

-The Dante version dosnt have the full channel count- its only 32 channel. presumably not a problem if your using an X-32, if the gigs more channels and your droping some to get down to 32 you may have to change the stage patch so the ones you want are dante 1-32, and the extras you dont need are 33-onwards.

-I'll save you a few hours of phoneing round- vast majority of the larger sound companies seem to only have the madi version, only people we could find was SFL in reading.

A show Iv been involved with recently had the same situation as you but from the opposite end, the live desks we're midas pro2, the recording was in dante, so we sourced a DN9650 network bridge to do it.

- theres a slide in the midas training, I cant remember how its worded, but it seems to have given everyone I know (from several different sessions of the course, with different trainers) that the 9650 is a any protocol to any protocol magic box- its not, its an option, ie theres an AES50-madi one, an AES50-Dante one, an AES50-ethersound one.. make sure your hireing the right version.

-The Dante version dosnt have the full channel count- its only 32 channel. presumably not a problem if your using an X-32, if the gigs more channels and your droping some to get down to 32 you may have to change the stage patch so the ones you want are dante 1-32, and the extras you dont need are 33-onwards.

-I'll save you a few hours of phoneing round- vast majority of the larger sound companies seem to only have the madi version, only people we could find was SFL in reading.

Thanks Wilflet.. We have 2 DN 9650 in hirestock with Dante Modules in them.

But as all the other guys have said, I agree with putting the Nuendo record on the Dante network. One option however maybe to use the 9650 and patch the outputs of the nuendo record (DVS) onto the X32. This way you can monitor your record.

Any questions please shout.

M

Thanks Wilflet.. We have 2 DN 9650 in hirestock with Dante Modules in them.

But as all the other guys have said, I agree with putting the Nuendo record on the Dante network. One option however maybe to use the 9650 and patch the outputs of the nuendo record (DVS) onto the X32. This way you can monitor your record.

Any questions please shout.

M

Having thought a lot about this, I am thinking about going for the following work around

Hiring an LS9-32 off the company I work for with DANTE cards, mixing the thirty two down to sixteen analogue then into the X32 to mix with the approximately eight audience mics

I think this is the most elegant solution

Thank you for all your comments

vast majority of the larger sound companies seem to only have the madi version, only people we could find was SFL in reading.

Just to add our name into the mix, we also have KT DN9650 with Dante cards, as well as the madi option.

We are Hiykon Pro Audio

Cheers

Ben

Hello there,

Let me reply and clarify a few things.

First of all you can turn Dante into AES 50 via our DN 9650 Network Bridge. The current Dante CM 1 Card offers 32 channels both ways. The advantage is that the DN9650 works on asynchronous word clock. Basically it could record Clock independent. So both sides can be Master. This can be a big help when recording .

- theres a slide in the midas training, I cant remember how its worded, but it seems to have given everyone I know (from several different sessions of the course, with different trainers) that the 9650 is a any protocol to any protocol magic box- its not,

This is not correct in regards to the DN9650. It is however true for the DN9652. This is a different Unit to the DN9650 altogether. It basically has 2 CM1 Card slots and can convert between whatever Format.

In this particular case I would recommend to download the audinate Virtual Soundcard which is on Sale for $29.00 at the moment and record straight onto that.

Hope ths helps

With kind regards

Archived