Experience with the new Chamsys MQ60 firmware

Manuel1975

Hi There,

I want to buy a mq60 but my supplier hasent been able to supply me with a desk until now. I have a important show coming up and am wondering if I should buy the desk before or after this show. Its a fairly new hard and software combination and thats might give some problems.

I work a lot with midi and am curious how the internal mdi interface performs now that it is enabled through the new firmware?

My current setup is built around the Chamsys pc wing and an shuttle all in one pc which actually performs quite well. I was hoping that buying a desk would give a dramatic improvement in spreed but I've red reports that navigation in screens is lagging.

Has the new firmware done anything to improve that?

Would like to hear from you!

Cheers,

Manuel

I bought one just recently, I originally had some limited issues with scrolling windows with large amounts of data, I haven't used the MIDI yet because its not common for what I do. The local distributor at the time responded to my query on the scrolling by suggesting that I try the beta version. I did so and it was fixed in the beta version about 3 weeks ago. I haven't updated since then, so someone might have more info, I know there's some Chamsys guys on here somewhere, they might be able to tell you when those changes will make the stable version.

Hi There,

I want to buy a mq60 but my supplier hasent been able to supply me with a desk until now. I have a important show coming up and am wondering if I should buy the desk before or after this show. Its a fairly new hard and software combination and thats might give some problems.

I work a lot with midi and am curious how the internal mdi interface performs now that it is enabled through the new firmware?

My current setup is built around the Chamsys pc wing and an shuttle all in one pc which actually performs quite well. I was hoping that buying a desk would give a dramatic improvement in spreed but I've red reports that navigation in screens is lagging.

Has the new firmware done anything to improve that?

Would like to hear from you!

Cheers,

Manuel

Archived