QLab

Peter F

Quick question for anyone near a Mac...

Do I need to buy a rental license to have the cue list on the built in screen and the output on an external monitor? I had the briefest of plays with the demo version today and couldn't figure out how to output video to the external screen. I didn't have the benefit of internet or time to delve deeper and I have a show I'd like to run it for tomorrow.

I'm quite happy to rent/buy a license, just need to know if it is something I need to add to a very long list of jobs to do in a short time.

Thanks,

Peter

The video license is technically only needed to SAVE the video cues... if you're able to keep the mac on and qlab open, you wont need a license... ;)

In QLab, go to Application Preferences, then Video, then join up the yellow lines so Screen 1 is your cue list and Screen 2 is your output.

Assuming the mac is going to be turned off at some point, yes you will need to rent or buy the video license.

I don't have a problem buying a license, if it works as well as it looks like then I'll buy my own mac mini and the software before my next job.

Tomorrows show is several one offs, each with about 4 videos in each. I just wanted to know if I could avoid the hassle of getting an internet connection and spending time registering.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived