Upgrading Avolites Pearl 2000 software

mksound

Hey all, I'm looking at buying an Avo Pearl 2000 running on 2000 software service pack 1.2. I haven't had much experience with these desks and I'm just wondering if it is hard to upgrade it to the 2004 software?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Callery,

MK Sound.

Hey all, I'm looking at buying an Avo Pearl 2000 running on 2000 software service pack 1.2. I haven't had much experience with these desks and I'm just wondering if it is hard to upgrade it to the 2004 software?

It is not hard and the nice people at Avo will help you every step of the way. However there might be restrictions on the older hardware limiting what software you can upgrade to - I would give them a call to check.

Also consoles of that age will have a 3.5" floppy disk drive, finding working floppy disks (and a PC which can write them) might be the most challenging part of it.

It is not hard and the nice people at Avo will help you every step of the way. However there might be restrictions on the older hardware limiting what software you can upgrade to - I would give them a call to check.

Also consoles of that age will have a 3.5" floppy disk drive, finding working floppy disks (and a PC which can write them) might be the most challenging part of it.

On the floppy disk front, Maplin still sell them!

Archived