EOS offline file locations on PC

Grahame

This is driving me up the wall now... I can't find where the EOS offline editor is storing my show files on a Windows 8 PC.

The EOS offline editor (2.0.1.9.0.7) says that the default location is C:\Program Files(x86\ETC\Eos\ShowArchive\, but a) there is no such folder unless I create one, and b) even after I have created one I still can't find any files in there unless I put them there myself.

The editor is also not allowing me to search other locations on C: drive, although I can see other drives.

Nonetheless, I can seemingly save shows to the mystical location that is the default directory mentioned above, I just can't see them from outside of the offline, and even a system search for *.esf files doesn't find them. The software is clearly saving it somewhere, but where?

I've also tried changing the default storage location in the setup screen, but the desk software still tries to save to the default. Grrrr....

Any ides, anyone?

Thanks Gerry, but that doesn't do Windows 8.

I have the nagging feeling that it's probably a Windows permissions thing, but I'm not sure what to do about it. In the meantime I'm just manually copying to and from a USB stick and saving/loading from that.

It will be stored in the hidden application data folder under your user Folder at C:\Users\%username%\Application Data\Virtual Store and then have a poke around for,it in there. Doing this makes it easier to separate the user data from the software. The program will still see the directory as in Program Files (hence the virtual store bit).

Josh

Think I had this problem - after saving it I couldn't find it.

I now just load and save to a memory stick as would need it on the stick to transfer to the desk anyway.

(Mods, would this be better in Lighting?)

Errr... yes it would. I thought I had actually posted it in lighting.... :huh:

Mods, please feel free to move it.

It will be stored in the hidden application data folder under your user Folder at C:\Users\%username%\Application Data\Virtual Store

Aha! So it is, under \...\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files (x86)\ETC\Eos\ShowArchive. Thanks for the tip! Curious why it wasn't showing up in a global search for *.esf files though.

Archived