Jem technohaze Remote

Goochie

Hi Guys,

hope someone can help and I hope you all understand what I mean, Here goes...

I have a Jem Technohaze, great machine, problem is the remote that it came with is far too sensitive, (Not original control, its a good copy tho, homemade by a pro by the looks of it)

The Haze output Rotary knob (if you imagine 1 - 10 levels, when I just need gentle output, say level 4, the thing outputs either too little or far too much, and the slightest movement on rotary control in either direction, by just a millimetre differs dramatically !!

I want to spread the control out if you know what I mean, less sensitive I guess, more movement on rotary...

So the question is how can I do this? is it possible? Maybe installing a resister somewhere? I really dont know, but I do know this thing is so bloody frustrating, one minute no haze the next too much...

Please help if you can guys..

many Thanks in advance

Goochie.

PS. Technical blurb from jem website says this abaout the original remote..

0-10v input

Use remote Din socket Pin 1 GND and Pin 3, 0-10v input. This pin needs 1.5v to heat the machine and 2-10v to run the pump when up to working temperature.

Get a voltmeter on the potentiometer and see if it's doing the 2-10v range. I don't think the control of the technohaze was all that great, it's only a cheap machine and did tend to oscillate between no haze and too much haze.

worth also knowing that the machine provides the remote with (from memory) an unregulated DC (around 19V???) so the remote will need some regulation (as per original) to acheive more than all-or-nothing. Apologies with the memory but it's something like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a copy of the PCB schematic diagram I can email across if that's any use?

many thanks Mucker, have spoken to the Guys at Martin and they have mailed me all the diagrams, now just have to find someone to build it for me... ** laughs out loud **

Many thanks again.

Goochie

Archived