Sony RCP-1500 Serial Pin out help!

ljslingsby

Hi Guys, I am currently in the process of building a new Portable Production Unit and one of the options I would like on there is to trigger the Matrix which is attached to the Engineering monitor. I believe the button/trigger is situated on the Iris control part of the RCP. Im about to start testing the pin outs on the RCP and I haven't yet found a compatible matrix that will support this kind of trigger (I haven't looked too hard yet) Just wondering if any of you guys have used this facility before or even built it yourselves. Any heads up on pin outs or kit specs would be much appreciated.

Cheers

We have the older RCP-50

When the Preview is pressed pins 1 & 2 on the Ext I/o connector are shorted, oun our PPU I have a 16 in 2 out switch that sits above the engineering monitor and it has GPI in so its a simple job to connect

Thank you for your reply, we are now wondering whether this feature is still on the newer RCP's, There is no mention of it in the service manuals and that particular button is now a lot smaller and recessed to the point it seems easier to pull the Pedestal slide ring down than trying to press it. We are now looking into the Black Magic GPI controller to see if that works.

Archived