Programming a chase onto a sub Fat Frog

PatrickLXdesker

I am using the Fat Frog at the moment, I want to programme a 2 step chase onto a sub. They are generic lights, but I've had a mind blank and can't remember how to do them. I've looked in the manual, but in true male fashion I can't understand it.

Cheers,

Patrick.

I am using the Fat Frog at the moment, I want to programme a 2 step chase onto a sub. They are generic lights, but I've had a mind blank and can't remember how to do them. I've looked in the manual, but in true male fashion I can't understand it.

Hi Patrick,

It's reasonably straightforward. The thing to remember is that you must create the chase as a memory first and then transfer it to the sub.

1. Set the Playback master to zero and the grand master to full.

2. Select the memories button and choose an unprogrammed memory location.

3. Press and hold the Memory Type button for 1 sec until it changes to Chase.

4. Set your first look and press the Program button.

5. Set your second look and press the Program button.

6. Use the down arrow key to highlight the 'Step:' entry and also bring up the Playback master - you should now see the two steps of your chase being output to the rig.

7. Use the speed knob and other attribute buttons on the right side as necessary.

8. When all is complete, use the down arrow key to highlight [Finish] and press Enter.

9. Press and hold the Transfer No Time button and then press the flash button for your sub.

And I think that's it. I haven't done it for a few weeks, but check out pages 4-8 to 4-13 as well as pages 5-4 to 5-5 of the user guide.

Good luck!

Cheers mate. The problem was I was trying to programme straight onto a sub. Any idea how to slow a chase down on a sub as its running. Do you have to go past the speed it's originally set at then slow it down?

That's where it's really annoying. You have to use the edit button to take the chase into edit mode in order to change the speed (Can't recall whether you edit the chase as it's stored in the sub or the original in memory - if it's the former, you might need to click the flash button of the sub to tell the desk which sub you want to edit - anyway have a play). It's a really clunky way to have to change the chase speed while you're busking a show.

Archived