Chamsys MQ60 Issues and Experiences

fliggygeek

Hi All,

Just interested to see what your experiences with the Chamsys MQ60 console are.

Is it snappy and solid performance wise?

The screen seems quite small, does that pose an issue?

Have there been any teething issues with it that youve noticed?

Whats your favourite part of it?

Does it perform like one of the larger consoles?

Looking to buy one to. Have had one in my hands. Faders are the same as on the mini wing. They slide less easy. Also the smtpe & midi ports are not supported in the firmware. Will be added later. Searching for mq60 on the Chamsys support site also finds a few interessting posts of users who allready bought the desk...

Looking to buy one to. Have had one in my hands. Faders are the same as on the mini wing. They slide less easy. Also the smtpe & midi ports are not supported in the firmware. Will be added later. Searching for mq60 on the Chamsys support site also finds a few interessting posts of users who allready bought the desk...

I actually have one in my hands atm, after some of my experiences I want to hear some unbiased opinions of other users,

I've not seen one in the flesh yet, but the screen does look small - too small to have the usual 2x2 pallet layout really. But when I am touring or visiting a venue and I know I'll be taking a small desk I just request that the venue provides another screen, just for output, cue list etc. Everyone has some shonky old VGA screen lying around. Also worth looking at buying an external touchscreen. I have one and even use that on the MQ100 - I just dont the one screen is enough even on full size desk.

Hi,

I Thought I'd come on this one and just clear up a couple of things with the MQ60's. We're currently in the final stages of testing the new version of Firmware for the MQ60's which enable's the use of the MIDI, Remote, dimming of LED's on the front panel along with a few other features.

The feedback we've had from end users on the MQ60's has been very positive so far and I know of at least 4/5 which are making appearances down at Glastonbury this year across various stages.

We really value your feedback on all of our ChamSys/Magic products and software, so I'd be interested to hear more on this one.

Thanks,

James

Hi All,

I took delivery of my new MQ60 last week and had on 4 events already, not had any issues with it at all!!

touch screen is quite small but saying that had no issues with hitting the correct execute on an 8x8 grid with my fat fingers :)

I would maybe like to see the menu a little quicker between windows, seems to have a slight lag switching from layout screens etc but hopefully this can be rectified in a later software update.

All in all a very very nice compact little desk and one very happy camper.

Mike

Had mine for about a month now, not had any issues with it. It's a great little desk the only problem I've had is learning the new button layout, I keep looking where the maxi wing/mq100 buttons are.

If anyone wants to chat I'll be on the other stage on Saturday although my MQ60 won't be there as I'll be using the big desk.

took delivery of our 60 a couple of weeks ago, and so far its been on a festival and a couple of corporates - so far so good with no issues.

the screen is small, but something has to give on this size footprint. Faders now have dust skirts which is a definite bonus ( that caused the early failure of several faders on some of my wings)

The only bug ive noticed so far is that the unit does not seem to support a USB mouse - bit of an odd one?

We are sending a mq60 to glastonbury, loaned in replacement to a mq40 on order for hire stock - thanks for sorting james.

Judge, give Dave Thorpe a call, it is heading down near the common / mavericks somewhere...

The only bug ive noticed so far is that the unit does not seem to support a USB mouse - bit of an odd one?

That was an odd clash with USB touchscreen support and USB mouse pointer support. As far as I can remember I fixed that one in the latest beta software release.

I only received mine about 2 weeks ago, and was dismayed to find that it booted fine except the screen was rainbow stripes and nothing else.

It seems to be a very occasional glitch because its only happened twice since then.

Other things ive noticed is discernible flicker from the backlight on the lcd and laggy window opening/closing.

Overall itll be great for a number upcoming shows.

Hi,

David I've PM'd you a message about your MQ60 Screen glitch, which as a precautionary measure we're going to arrange a replacement console to be shipped out to you from ULA in Australia.

We think their could possibly be an intermittent problem with the screen/connector on your console, which we'd rather get investigated and sorted now.

We are continually working on developing the software for the MQ60 and the faster moving between layout windows is already in the pipeline for future software releases. Obviously at the moment the focus has been on getting the firmware for the MIDI/Remote and front panel LED dimming ready for release.

I've checked out using both an external touch screen and USB mouse together using the latest version of software 1.5.8.9 today and proved they both work together.

There's a few of us from ChamSys down at Glastonbury this weekend, so hopefully see a few of you down there behind a console at some point over the weekend.

Archived