Sub £300 loudspeaker management?

rooftop

Hi,

It has been a while since I last posted here....

I am looking at sub £300 loudspeaker management systems for a client on a budget.... 2 in, 6 out... must have delay, limiters. Needs to be able to run as Mono Sum Subs, Mono Sum Centre fill, Left A, Right A, Left B, Right B.

Left B and Right B are Circle fills (approx. 15 metres forward of rest of speakers) and therefore need to be delayed a little to compensate.

Is the Behringer DCX2496 still regarded as quite capable in this price bracket, or are there newer kids on the block that are worth looking at?

Thanks

I suspect you'll struggle to do much better than that Behringer at that price. CPC do a couple under their Pulse brand that might be worth looking at - LSM216 or LSM226. I've not used them so can't comment on their performance though.

Is the Behringer DCX2496 still regarded as quite capable in this price bracket, or are there newer kids on the block that are worth looking at?

The next cheapest thing is a DBX Driverack PA+ which is at £398 from Thomann. Don't be tempted by deals on the older Driverack PA which you might be able to get for peanuts it didn't have power on protection on the outputs so produced a power on thwack on the signal outputs.

Archived