Ion issues!

katemonster

We've been trying to plot a show on our ETC ion today and have had some odd issues appearing in the process.

Firstly, we had pale yellow values appearing - I know yellow means the value is on a submaster but this was a near-cream colour. Can't find the explanation for it in the manual (though I might be being a bit blind)

On top of this, every time we moved cues (no matter from which or to which) a group of channels would suddenly turn on, in yellow as though they were on a submaster but the faders were down and we hasn't set them to anything. Nothing was tracking through from the other cues either.

For now, we've started a new cue stack to re-record the show. The issue seemed to go away then, but sadly I wasn't around prior to the issue happening to know what caused it. Any ideas?

Odd, are you sure there isn't an FX or Macro firing in one of the cues? I may be wrong but I think pale yellow means the cue list is forcing a value lower than an exclusive sub's value. Also don't forget that submasters can be live without the physical fader being up on an ion.

Sadly none of the above, the guy who was using it at the time hasn't learnt how to do macros or effects yet :( it also seemed totally random, it would pop up no matter which of the 40-odd cues you went to or from. thanks for the ideas though!

The pale yellow explanation sounds plausible - I'll have a play when I next get chance.

Sadly none of the above, the guy who was using it at the time hasn't learnt how to do macros or effects yet :( it also seemed totally random, it would pop up no matter which of the 40-odd cues you went to or from. thanks for the ideas though!

The pale yellow explanation sounds plausible - I'll have a play when I next get chance.

Here's a selection of colours from Eos V2...was it any of these?

http://www.irwdesign.com/br/IonColours.JPG

For reference, in EOS V2, submaster values seem to show up in cream until they get to full, when they go yellow.

Ian

This is not new in V2.0 and has been in the desk since day one. All colours will look paler when they're not at their full target, pale blue when fading up and pale green when fading down, pale yellow when a sub isn't at full.

Subs don't need to be on a fader, Sub 1 @ 5 Enter will put sub 1 at 50% even if it's not mapped to a fader.

If you open [About] and then select one of the channels in yellow it will tell you the source (where that channel is controlled by) and you will see SX (X being the sub number). Sub X Home Enter, will then return that sub to 0% (or Sub X @ 0 Enter). Sub 1 Thru Home Enter will return all subs to their home value.

When you move cues around the channels are returning to their background value which is the sub.

If you have anymore problems it's best to post on the ETC forums and people will help you much quicker.

Archived