Robe 250 Spot Replacements

Bandit

Hi,

We're looking to replace our 4 old Robe 250's which have all but come to the end of their lives. I'm looking for an LED equivalent of the same or better intensity that offer gobo's as well. The stage area that they need to cover is approximately 32ft wide and about the same depth. The auditorium seats 690 over the stalls and circle areas. Budget wise we would be looking for something between £500 to £1000 per unit. Any ideas where I should start looking and any particular make and model, as there are so many out there some recommendations would be a good start.

Thanks

Thanks very much for the reply, we must have been thinking along the same lines because I had had a quick look at the Chauvet Q Spot 360, which I've seen around the £850 to £900 mark. Definitely going to see if I can get some demos. I've got a couple of suppliers in mind, White Light and A C Lighting. Although I'll probably need to find a third being a local authority run venue.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the reply, we must have been thinking along the same lines because I had had a quick look at the Chauvet Q Spot 360, which I've seen around the £850 to £900 mark. Definitely going to see if I can get some demos. I've got a couple of suppliers in mind, White Light and A C Lighting. Although I'll probably need to find a third being a local authority run venue.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't go through WL or AC. Contact Graham Baron at Chauvet UK and get him to come and see you. Can almost be sure of a better deal than going though a reseller. We've just had a phenomenal deal from him for some Q Wash 560Z's. Seriously worth chasing him up personally

Fault 1 : Gobo and colour wheel spinning continuously. Bad connection on PCB

Fault 2 : Unit powers up but does not respond. Nothing on LCD. Unknown parts replaced.

Fault 3 : Losing position on tilt and moving erratically. Makes really bad noise at stop position.

All on one unit. The other one has been fine. probs only done about 5 hours work. Cant finish programming as this one keeps breaking! I have asked for it to be replaced this time. We will see what happens.

Archived