Cleaning Moving Yokes - Suggestions?

Ryan0751

I have some Q-Spot 260's, and I noticed what appears to be a dust blob in one of them. Removing them from the ceiling to take them apart is not really an option right now (they are bolted up there, it would be a massive project). I can reach them via a ladder.

How should I go about cleaning them? Can I just pop open the gobo door and blast the inside with some compressed air, or is that a bad idea?

Suggestions welcome!

I have some Q-Spot 260's, and I noticed what appears to be a dust blob in one of them. Removing them from the ceiling to take them apart is not really an option right now (they are bolted up there, it would be a massive project). I can reach them via a ladder.

How should I go about cleaning them? Can I just pop open the gobo door and blast the inside with some compressed air, or is that a bad idea?

Suggestions welcome!

A dust blob?

I'd say it's probably okay to open the gobo door and blow it out with compressed air. Just be gentle when you blow over the colours and gobos as I've blown them out of the holders by accident before and ended up chasing them round the fixture...

Also, if you blow near any fans, it's a good idea to GENTLY hold them in place with a screwdriver to stop them spinning, otherwise you risk snapping the fins off or knackering the fan altogether.

Hope this helps.

Archived