Stairville LED Par Can 56 DMX Addresses

Ollyarto

Hi guys,

Been trying to figure out an issue I have with my range of par cans and the DMX controller I have.

What I'm wanting to do is have basic control over the lights, be able to set them all to some soft fades (used for uplighting rather than lighting up a stage).

I know this setup has worked before however stupid idiot that I am factory reset the desk when working on scenes last year and since then I've not been able to patch the right channels to the right faders etc..

http://www.thedmxwiki.com/_media/lighting_fixtures/stairville/stairville_par_56_black_151_rgb_led.pdf is the manual for the cans I'm using (Stairville LED Par 56)

http://www.dlt.dk/files/8875/WEB%20brugermanual/50716_manual.pdf is the controller I'm using (Showtec LED operator 4)

Dipswitch is one on the can, rest are down. I try and patch channel one to red, two to green, three to blue and seven I believe is what the master is meant to be. When I do this all that happens is the master slider goes through various colour mixes until half way up and then just goes into strobing patterns.

Can anyone shed any light on where I'm going wrong?

Neil

If you are looking at the correct manual, channel 2 is red, channel 3 is green, channel 4 blue. Channel 1 is used to select the mode the parcan is in, and for normal DMX mode should remain at 0. Channel 5 is used as a speed control for when Channel 1 is in it's automatic modes.

So you only need to use channels 2,3 and 4.

As ninjadingle says channels 1 and 5 are control where you can use the inbuilt crossfades and sound to light.

Channels 2,3,4 are RGB intensity and there is no master dimmer on these fixtures.

• 1 month later...
if it helps, I uploaded that pdf to the wiki and while it is the most current manual for the stairville pars I also have an older stairville par same model that uses different channels! so it looks like the channels and features changed at some point

Its possible that you have channel one slightly open moving it into a different mode, raise ch 1 and drop it again to reset it, you might find this solves the prob,

Edit :- I see you have 7 channels, raise all seven and drop them

Archived