Show starter.

bigclive

The theme park crews really know how to put on a show. Many times a day, seven days a week.

Everyone into theatre needs to get to Florida, even if it just once in their life, to take in the wonders of Disney, Universal Studios and Sea World.

I've done the Florida trip (some years back) and have to say I was disappointed.

Perhaps I was unlucky but at least 50% of the Disney shows I attended were plagued by technical difficulties (and these were obviously frequent enough that they had pre-recorded "amusing" apologies ready to go) and the performers, while talented, seemed rather perfunctory and lacking in energy. Add in the cost and the queuing and I resolved not to go back.

Sounds like you went at a bad time. And keep in mind that the performances are largely aimed at kids and pretty much continuous, so they don't have the zest of a short run in their later stages.

Many of these shows are heavily automated and the equipment gets hammered 365 days a year. Sadly it's also maintained by young technicians on matching wages who are often learning the hard way. That's the glamour of showbiz.

If you're referring to ride stoppages as opposed to show issues then that's largely down to the fairly extensive safety systems used on the rides and the rather random nature of American park goers that will inevitably involve pressing an emergency stop button, trying to get out a moving ride or something equally non-standard. In those instances they have to unload the rides manually before restarting them as there is a tendency for people to do even more random things when their ride stops.

Archived