Calculating colour call

TallPaul

I need to calculate how much of each colour I need to order for a design I have in wysiwyg. Is there any way of having this calculated based on the roll width? I seem to remember reading about something similar, perhaps in other software. I currently just have the number/sizes of frames per colour in the Colour Count report.

many thanks

Paul

Try Lee Quick Rolls. They can be ordered in the correct width for your frames, then all you need to do is multiply frame height by number required to get the length you need. Probably only need one roll of each colour though.

This may be a more expensive option, but it saves loads of time gel cutting.

I suppose the advantage of those is that you save on any wastage, but I wonder if any additional expense is worth it. Plus I have a load of really obscure frame sizes in the plan. So I don't think it would be worth it. I just think it would be cool if there was some kind of calculator that worked out

a) The most efficient way to cut if frames are rectangular, and

b) How much roll length is required

I might write one if there isn't...

Paul

In the past I've put together spreadsheets which take the number of cuts per sheet (from the WhiteLight catalogue) and work out how many sheets you need. I do this using a Lookup table, which means you enter

Gel # | Lantern Type | Number of cuts | Calculated number of sheets

In order to do this you need a couple of hidden columns, but after that its fairly easy to put together. It also means you can add in information to the lookup tables for whichever fixtures you have.

HTH

Archived