Urgent help required for charity event

BigYinUK

Hi all

I've volunteered to do sound for a charity event in Okehampton, Devon this Friday and Saturday. A local PA hire Co. has very generously agreed to loan us a front of house system foc but is unable to lend us mics, stands and a few other bits I've just discovered.

Is there anyone in the area/nearby that could help out please? This event "Okehampton Cream Tea run is held every year proceeds go to NABD (National Association for Bikers With a Disability) and Hospice Care.

The kit we're short of is as follows: We need 2 x SM58s, 1 x AKG C1000 or similar, 4 x DI boxes and a reverb (or 2) for outboard fx. We also need 4 boom stands. 2 x tall, 2 x short.

There's no budget for kit as the event doesn't raise vast sums and all the money goes to the charities so I'm having to beg for this.

Regards and thanks

Jon

Many thanks once again for the offers of help. In the end all went well apart from a faulty graphic EQ and some dodgy cables!

A nice sound, amplification by MC2 and desk by A&H. Not sure atm exactly what the drivers were but the system was about 6kW total, 4 subs, 2 tops and 4 monitors.

All the bands and organisers were happy which, at the end of the day, is what its about. Lets hope they made a few quid for the charities.

Thanks also to my assistant Brady for his time :)

Regards

Jon

Speakers were by Announcement Audio. We also had some Klark Teknik graphics, Lexicon reverbs, Dbx compressors.

Yeah, it was a nice system and once it was all EQ'd up, it sounded pretty good. (Even though I say so myself)

Bit better than last year, which was done with a couple of Mackie SRM350's on poles. Bit short of power for an outside rock gig I'd say :)

Regards

**Once again a big thanks to all those who loaned gear; Frank (SW Backline) for the FOH, The Plough Torrington for their mics and lights and to Marcus for his outboard rack**.

Archived