Par 46 Raylights

Stu

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some, preferably on the cheap. Certainly not looking to spend mega-bucks on them.

Anyone got any kicking about they don't need anymore, know any URLs etc etc.

Cheers All,

Stu

PS. Just to confirm, I do mean Par 46 and not Par 64. Not had a late night attack of the 'I-can't-type" syndrome! Smashing :rolleyes:

Hi Stu,

You do mean Par 46 not Par 56? I've heard of raylight reflectors for 56 cans but not 46. I thought you had Par 56s in your rig... My apologies if you do mean 46.

The only benefit of using them in small cans is to get a brighter than 300W lamp in. Horrible things otherwise.

The usual suspects have Par 56 rayight reflectors, Terralec, Penn, etc. There used to be a disco shop in Moordown that sold them.

All the best,

Pete.

Pete,

Yep I do mean Par 46 Raylights, a very rare beast it would seem. AC Lighting stock them from Thomas but they are about £18+VAT. You are correct in thinking I have some Par 56s in my rig, am also thinking about Raylights for them too.

Rob,

Just after the Raylights (reflectors). Can get the bubbles no probs and I've seen a very cheap source of Par 46s (incredibly cheap for Thomas ones :unsure:) but I can't be bothered if all I can get for them is the normal 200w lamps they use.

Cheers to both of you.

Stu

Pete,

Yep I do mean Par 46 Raylights, a very rare beast it would seem. AC Lighting stock them from Thomas but they are about £18+VAT. You are correct in thinking I have some Par 56s in my rig, am also thinking about Raylights for them too.

Rob,

Just after the Raylights (reflectors). Can get the bubbles no probs and I've seen a very cheap source of Par 46s (incredibly cheap for Thomas ones :unsure:) but I can't be bothered if all I can get for them is the normal 200w lamps they use.

Cheers to both of you.

Stu

Raylights eat lamps much worse than their sealed beam cousins though, cheap lamps are only cheap when you don`t have to keep buying them.

If its a pinspot on steroids your after , 12V sealed bem may have better life.

Archived