Stairville mv250h

matt-the-dj

Hi all, A little help is required, I have a stairville moving head MV250H that needs a new pan drive belt. It's similar to many other lights such as isolution Imove and spot knight to name a few. I have emailed Thomann who still stock the lights and Prolight who are distributors for isolution. I'm just after some other possible outlets if I draw a blank with them.Anyone know of others who may be able to help?RegardsMatt.

try to speak to Geoff at prolight concepts - he is alway very good with spares. I would hope that Thomann would be able to provide, but as you say they are fairly generic heads with generic parts.

Have you still got the old belt? If so just take it to a local engineering supply firm and they will be able to find a replacement. I've done this with some of my lights before. Its much easier and cheaper than trying to track down a parts supplier in this country, or wait for parts to be shipped in from the EU. A toothed belt is a toothed belt at the end of the day, and the ones used in moving lights are nothing special.

1365933769[/url]' post='470356']

Have you still got the old belt? If so just take it to a local engineering supply firm and they will be able to find a replacement. I've done this with some of my lights before. Its much easier and cheaper than trying to track down a parts supplier in this country, or wait for parts to be shipped in from the EU. A toothed belt is a toothed belt at the end of the day, and the ones used in moving lights are nothing special.

Yeah I still have the old one, some teeth are still intact for reference so I could go to a belt stockist, I have some old contacts from my maintenance days as a sparks, so I could try that, as you said, it's only a belt.Matt

1365930959[/url]' post='470353']

try to speak to Geoff at prolight concepts - he is alway very good with spares. I would hope that Thomann would be able to provide, but as you say they are fairly generic heads with generic parts.

Do you by any chance have any contact details?, is it the same Prolight I mentioned in my original post?.Matt.

Having just googled it, yes it's the same Prolight, hopefully they will email me back, they don't have a tel no. On their website, anyone have one?

Quick update, all done, prolight had these belts in stock for Imove 5s, exactly the same, bit of a bugger to change as the head has to come right off.When I opened up the light, it had the pcb for an Imove 5s in it, so either stairville just rebadged it or it had a replacement pcb nicked from an Imove. I bought a tilt belt whilst I was at it.For reference the belts are as followsPan belt - B126 MXLTilt belt - B210 MXLRegardsMatt

Archived