Marketing Musical Theatre

HannahBanana

I filled it in - but your questionnaire is aimed at theatre goers, not theatre workers which mainly we are. This might skew the results, and you need perhaps to make it possible to not enter something - I have read none of the titles listed, but I had to enter one - so I picked Oliver Twist, but I've never read any of them!

I filled it in - but your questionnaire is aimed at theatre goers, not theatre workers which mainly we are. This might skew the results, and you need perhaps to make it possible to not enter something - I have read none of the titles listed, but I had to enter one - so I picked Oliver Twist, but I've never read any of them!

Select "Other" and type "None of the above" worked for me ;-)

I think she may have added it back in. I must admit I'm a bit confused by the results that will be produced? The examples seem a bit unbalanced, and the thing I have always thought about West End shows is that unless you live in commute distance, the cost of the show, though expensive is often less than the hotel, the food, the transport costs, so whenever I see a show, the fact it is £40 or £80 is a bit unimportant, when the return train is £60, a hotel at least that much, normally more and food is going to be the same as the ticket - the decision I make is based on wanting to see the show, not the cost. Only people working or studying in or around London worry about the ticket price - everyone else just lives with it?

There were lots of problems with that, I'm afraid.

Firstly, like Paul I hadn't read any of the books so had to lie. In order to skew the figures less I picked a different one to Paul and said I'd read Matilda - I haven't.

You missed the fact that, although the book is called 'Oliver Twist' the musical is called 'Oliver!'.

I've persoanlly never heard of a musical called 'Catch Me If You Can' and I work in the industry so I'd be interetsed to know how many people have heard of it. I have, however, heard of lots of other musicals that were based on books and didn't appear on the list.

I don't understand the difference, in a question like "would it matter if the theatre was more local?" between "no" and "doesn't matter" as the two meanings seem identical to me.

Nevertheless,I hope your research goes well - I'm afraid I just find it a little flawed.

From reading the university website - events management appears to lightly skim over theatrical style productions, so they probably are just random names. I can't find any information about them actually staging any shows themselves?

Archived