Trantec S4000 IEM EQ setting ?

GaryNattrass

Hi folks and I just bought a third IEM receiver for my Trantec Ch70 S4000 system.

Does anyone know if the EQ of the receivers can be set in the factory as this third receiver has a very different tone to the two that were part of the original kit.

I see that there is a small multi-pin connector on the front behind the battery cover which I presume is for factory set-up ? or is there a hidden menu accessed with the bank and freq buttons to change the EQ to suit different IEM or headsets.

Many thanks in advance for any info anyone can give.

I see that there is a small multi-pin connector on the front behind the battery cover which I presume is for factory set-up ?

That connector can be used for setting the frequency presets that are available, not so sure about EQ settings though.

I tested them using the same pair of sony 7506 headphones and the two that came with the transmitter are quite balanced with plenty of top end but the third is very bass heavy with the top end rolling off!

it not be a problem anyway as these are just used as talkback units for presenters with earpieces and the third one is mainly as a spare but if it can't be changed then c'est la vie, will drop a line to trantec and see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested them using the same pair of sony 7506 headphones and the two that came with the transmitter are quite balanced with plenty of top end but the third is very bass heavy with the top end rolling off!

it not be a problem anyway as these are just used as talkback units for presenters with earpieces and the third one is mainly as a spare but if it can't be changed then c'est la vie, will drop a line to trantec and see what they say.

Hi for your info the eq of the receiver or transmitter cannot be changed and should be flat to about 16kHz if you've got a srange frequency response from them then it is probably the audio compressor in the transmitter thats failed or due to its age some of the electrolytic capacitors do fail, the audio is compreesed in the TX and expanded in the RX as with all analogue radio mics at a ratio of 2:1

let me know if you nned them sorting

regards mike lowe

mlec uk

Thanks for the info and I think I will see how I get on with them as they are.

The third one is mainly there as a spare and as I am using them for talkback I am probably being too critical of the audible difference but if it was a transmitter problem I would imagine that it would affect all three of them and not just the newer one I bought off e-bay.

Just for fun I measured the difference between IEM receiver 1+2 and 3, you can see the freq graphs below. Hardly a scientific test with pink noise but I did use the same transducer and set the levels the same:

IEM 1+2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/GaryNattrass/IEM12_zpscda4de9d.png

and IEM3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/GaryNattrass/IEM3_zps1b8f27e6.png

You can see the difference and could this just be down to components or capacitors as you suggest?

Archived