Graphene Diaphgrams

Simon Lyall

The lack of accurate data does colour it though, doesn't it - a frequency response curve without labels and scales is a bit pointless. If you assume the Sennheiser curve used for comparison is in reality not that curvy they've expanded the vertical scale to make it more 'exciting'. I've not seen a Sennheiser plot looking like that. If you decrease vertical scale, then the new product has nothing very special in performance, apart from more bass?

Lots of hyperbole, little substance.

Paul I think you banged the nail on the head there as usual, although I'll keep an ear to the ground to see if a proper peer reviewed paper comes out of this research. Would be interesting to see the quantifiable data.

Simon

The only thing I wondered about was the inclusion of the non-conductive layer to prevent it bottoming out. The Quad speakers sounded great, but couldn't manage too much diaphragm movement without shorting - the coating would stop the headphones electrically shorting, but I wonder what it sounds like?

Archived