Can't install Martin Xciter device driver

jona1984

I know it's very unlikely that anyone here will be able to help, but in one of our smaller venues we use an old Martin Xciter desk to run our very simple disco lighting rig. I'm trying to update the firmware/install some other fixtures, but when installing the Xciter Manager software on PC it seems to hit an error when trying to install the device driver. I've extracted said driver from the installer file and tried installing it manually, but it still finds an error and won't install... I'm wondering if it's somehow corrupted or something?!

Has anyone else ever had this problem??

**UPDATE**

I forgot to mention that I'm attempting this install on Windows 7......so now that I think about it, it could well be that the driver/desk is incompatible with this version of Windows.....I hope this is not the case!

First, reboot and ensure that driver signing is disabled. This is done by pressing F8 as you would to enter safe mode then selecting Disable Driver Signing.

Second, are you on 64Bit Windows 7? This may be an issue. You can try running in Windows XP compatibility mode which is done by right clicking the installer, hitting properties, selecting compatibility on the top tabs and enabling compatibility mode.

Josh

Hi, had the same problem with drivers. I have a laptop just for my xciter and it runs windows Xp. I posted a thread about it to martin forums. I got a link that worked.

Have a look here.http://martinpro.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20808

Still find it frustrating the Martin gave up on this console, I think they're a great unit their size and price and martin promised more from it that never came.

Thanks for the help guys!

After posting this I tried again on a Windows XP machine. Strangely got the same error messages as on the Windows 7 (both machines are 32-bit out of interest), but by using a program to extract the driver files from the installer and then installing these manually I was able to pick up the Xciter on the XP machine.

I'll try these other suggestions as well though! :)

Thanks again.

Hi, had the same problem with drivers. I have a laptop just for my xciter and it runs windows Xp. I posted a thread about it to martin forums. I got a link that worked.

Have a look here.http://martinpro.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20808

Just to say, I downloaded the file at that I downloaded the file at that address, but it has exactly the same filename and size as the 'official' file that I got from the product page in the first place... Don't know whether this means it's the one I've already tried?? Will give it another go on Windows 7 anyway!

All I onow is when I used the link on the official product page it didnt work and when I used that link in the thread I started on the martin forum it did work. All on a windows xp machine.

Don't know about it working on windows 7.

And as for controller support, good luck with that, they were no help at all on email.

All I onow is when I used the link on the official product page it didnt work and when I used that link in the thread I started on the martin forum it did work. All on a windows xp machine.

Don't know about it working on windows 7.

And as for controller support, good luck with that, they were no help at all on email.

Hahah, cool, thanks man. I'm checking out those YouTube videos you mentioned now - very useful!

Archived