Robe Robin Plasma 300

Ashley R

Hi BR

Just a quick question that has been bugging me. (I don't own any of these fixtures, just merely curious)

Is it possible to replace the plasma light source in the Robe Plasma spot's? As in the manual there is no mention of this procedure?

Also seems like it's virtually impossible to purchase replacement lamps, after a quick google?

Also are there any other fixtures out there in this industry that utilize a Plasma light source, the Robe is the only one I can think of, everything else is discharge lamp based?

Thanks Ash

It would seem so. Having seen the plasma 300s in the flesh I was never massively impressed by them, and the standard 300s with the msd lamps are far brighter. And now the dlx and dls are brighter still and are led. I'd be surprised if phillips stop manufacturing the lamps though.

This is good in a way. Having a high power RF generator in a plastic light was a bad idea. I don't think the manufacturers really thought through the implications of a technician removing the waveguide to work on the light and forgetting to put it back.

Archived