Jump to content

large reflector old stage lights


Recommended Posts

Hi there

I am looking to hire what I can only describe as large reflector bare bulb stage lights. You see them often at the back of the stage as scene setters - softly glowing etc for music shows/tours etc


Something like these from Mumford and Sons. If anyone could help with the actual name and sources that would be wonderful http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif




Link to comment
Share on other sites

They could be SkyPans, which are, I believe, a TV soft light. Jessie J was using some last year.


The kit for those gigs came from Neg Earth if I remember correctly.


They are made by Mole Richardson.




Cheers Jonathen - much appreciated.


Those are similar to the ones I have seen, however the ones I am referring to have no glass in front and the reflector/back does no have any lip/edge around it and seem slightly curved in. A simpler type I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ones used on Mumfords are SkyPans. 5Kw versions. They come with a safety grille and a spacer but you can remove these if you so wish just make sure they are out of reach as those lamps can get a tad warm.

Loads of rental companies have them, Neg Earth and GLS do for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.