1980s TV Studio Cameras

JohnWilkie

Thanks everyone.

I was aware of the pedestal weight (350k) and gas pressure issues, but thank you for confirming. I have already been in contact with Golden Age Television Recreations (as per the kindly supplied link above) and am in negotiations with them at the moment. In case that doesn't work out I still need to amass more options, hence my post on here. Obviously, a local source would be ideal for both financial and time reasons. Ceecrb1: you wouldn't happen to have the contact details for your private collector?

Cheers

John

I have sent him a link to this forum thread... so he can take the desicsion himself as to wether hes willing to get invoved or not.

And watch out for what ImagineerTom said. They are designed to skim the surface of a studio floor with only a couple of mm clearance so that they push any cables out of the way and don't crush peoples toes. Any lumps and bumps, especially if you have a lip going on/off stage, and you might ground them.
Most of the Vinten ones have a liftable skirt around the edge, that gives a couple of centimetres of clearance when up. I'm not sure what they're like in the middle underneath, but I think colleagues have trundled them round the building in the past without too much issue.

Virtually impossible to get over a door threshold though. With the skirts up you also generate a gap just big enough to get a shoe sole under - it can actually be quite dangerous to operate them with the guards misaligned, because it's not just cables they are protecting. Pulling a ped towards you and getting your foot stuck under the edge is pretty nasty when inertia tries to jam your toes against a bit of metal. It really hurts. OB peds have better ground clearance, and tend to use cable guards just on the castors.

1362049531[/url]' post='466577']

Hi

I'm doing a show at the Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh and on the hunt for 2x 1980s style TV Studio Camera's and pedestals. Our Designer has expressed a preference for the Ikegami HK 323 variety, they don't have to work.

Here's a reference. To be honest, we are having real trouble finding anything suitable, so anything close will do. Small budget for props, but can arrange pick ups etc... Please contact me either on or off forum... sm@traverse.co.uk 01316597176 Thanks in advance. John Wilkie

Apologies... Would help if I listed my correct number, it should be 01316597176.

Moderation: I have edited the number in the posts so it's right - but I wonder who was actually on the end of the wrong one ..................?

Archived