DMX LED driver

timtheenchanteruk

righto,

Doing a show shortly, and I have built a huge LED sign, designed it to run off 19V, I have an LED driver for this, and it does have some spare channels.

I've now been asked to sort out some LED strip for under some steps, however all this stuff runs off 12V :(

So, Im after hiring/borrowing a 5Ch DMX LED driver, or if somone has a clever way of dropping my 19V down to 12V that would be handy. :)

Cheers

A quick and simple solution might be to top limit the PWM driver running from 19V with the spare channels to about 60%. (12V/19V)*100 = 63%

Or even better if all the LED you have is common anode. Then you can tie the ground rails of your 19V supply to a 12V supply and give the 12V a + direct from the supply and use the existing driver to switch the ground.

If all of this doesn't make sense then I would follow Wol's suggestion. 12V drivers aren't too expensive.

Archived