Sound Operator Attacked at Rap Show in Australia

Bobbsy

The big topic of conversation in the technical community down here in Australia is a rap artist named Kerser whose crew allegedly attacked and injured their sound operator after a rather chaotic show.

Start with THIS LINK.

Then move onto CHAPTER TWO where CX Magazine (main industry periodical in Australia and darn good too) decides to make an issue of this.

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy's next gig is done on one of those little battery powered amps used by buskers--feelings in the professional end of the market (operators and hire companies) are running pretty strong.

(Posted in here in case the act in question decides to do a UK tour and needs to hire gear of technicians.)

Well done for posting that here to spread the word.

It's not a new phenomenon and I'm sure we've all had our share of managers / hangers on / "artists" trying to intimidate and threaten us for various reasons. Fortunately I've always known I've had some extremely good security at my back and so have been able to laugh it off. In this instance it seems JF was very much let down by the venue. He's a long way from any music I'm involved with so unfortunately will never have the chance to refuse to work with him :-)

Archived