25mm Endless black ratchet straps

DanSteely

Hi,

I need to purchase some 3m endless 25mm black ratchet straps. I can find plenty via Google but would like to buy some recommended by BR members. Rated and non-rated straps are being considered and I'm after about 20 depending on price.

Many thanks

Hi,

I need to purchase some 3m endless 25mm black ratchet straps. I can find plenty via Google but would like to buy some recommended by BR members. Rated and non-rated straps are being considered and I'm after about 20 depending on price.

Many thanks

Rated for what?

Surely the application in which you will use said straps dictates whether the straps need to be 'rated' for something, and then, how much of that thing they are rated for.

Some straps are rated to a set weight, but you can also get straps which are rated to work in certain temperatures.

Furthermore, not all 25mm straps are rated to the same level, so if you need them to be able to support a set amount of weight or anything else, then surely you should mention that before choosing a supplier?

For basic strap needs we tend to use these http://www.safetylif...=1&subgroupid=2 they're £2.50 a pop for 4m, ring them up and ask for black.

If you are going to use them in any scenario where the failure of the strap could result in a risk to safety then you should definitely use a strap which is rated for all the parameters that are relevant to it's application.

Another vote for SafetyLiftinGear/TackleStore from me!

At my former company, we purchased a large amount of rigging hardware from these guys and were never disappointed. Everything's made to relevant standards (EN12195-2 for they're straps for example), so much better than some of the 'cheap' alternatives that are available for sale at the same price.

IIRC its where SLX buy a lot of they're rigging from too..

HTH,

Tom

I use SLG and Rope Assemblies frequently for my projects. I do find that stuff bought from R.A tends to be the best quality stuff. Although I've found you only get the best prices when you're buying a lot.

SLG I would say if you're touring it day in day out all year round the stuff I've had would deteriorate quicker than some of R.A's. But if it's for less frequent use or install then I often buy there because the prices are so low. They're bulk prices without having to buy bulk. But it's al good stuff, it's not cheap chinese lookalike. Also for corporate work rather than rock n roll, I'd often rather buy something 3 times over than something once to last 3 times as long, because even if the physical quality isn't deteriorating, the aesthetic quality usually is in any case, and we like corporate kit to look constantly brand new. The clients like that too. It's no lie that we buy a lot of cheaper stuff and refresh the stock frequently, rather than taking the rock n rollers approach of good kit lasts forever!

Archived