Follow spot on Scaffolding

James Gardner

I would like to ask, if you do choose to wear a hardhat up a scaffolding tower what hard hat would you use? I've read builders hard hats mentioned but obviously if you up a scaffolding tower with people below you this would cause an increased h&s risk from falling objects to the people below as the hard hat could fall off your head for 1 reason or another.

I was always taught hard hats at the bottom of the talascope but not at the top.

I would like to ask, if you do choose to wear a hardhat up a scaffolding tower what hard hat would you use? I've read builders hard hats mentioned but obviously if you up a scaffolding tower with people below you this would cause an increased h&s risk from falling objects to the people below as the hard hat could fall off your head for 1 reason or another.

I was always taught hard hats at the bottom of the talascope but not at the top.

That is, typically, one of the reasons they invented chin straps.

Archived