MAC 250+

Lee Brennan

I'm sure the answer to this is very simple but it's beaten me.

Just hired a number of MAC 250+ and MAC 300's. everything is fine the DMX signal is going to all of them, but when they are powered up there is no light output. Pan/Tilt etc. work fine. I can control the light output if I run a test / manualy put the light on!!!!

I am guessing there will be a setting in the menu to rectify the problem but don't seem to be able to trace it. :huh:

Thanks

Lee

It sounds to me that the lamps arent turning on by default (Auto Lamp On).

In the menus, go to PERS, ALON and ensure its set to ON.

Alternatively, take the Shutter channel to 98% (228 to 237) (or use the lamp on macro if your desk has one).

If DMX lamp on is disabled, set the Gobo wheel to 0, Colour wheel to 200 and Prism to 200-207. You can then send the DMX lamp on command (228 to 237 on the shutter channel). (This applies to a Mac 250+) For a Mac 300, set C, M and Y to 230 to 232 and send the Lamp on command (Shutter channel at 228-237)

Hope this helps

Peter

sounds like the macs arn't set to auto strike, this will be in the menu, however another solution would be to do this remotly, ur desk may have a macro for this. best thing to do is read the user manual, they are wonderful things, and as I've found in this industry, hold the key to many simple problems such as these.

mac300: http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile...EN_C.PDF&cat=65

mac250+: http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile...EN_D.PDF&cat=65

kris

glad I'm not alone here :huh:

Hang on, chaps - he says he can get light out of them if he goes into manual mode on the menu, so I'm guessing the lamp's struck .....

Lee, to get light out of the front of a Mac, you need to do things to two channels - you need to set the shutter (channel 1) to open (about 15%), and the dimmer (channel 2) to a level that's greater than zero. If the shutter channel is at zero, you'll not get any light out regardless of what you do with the dimmer.

Hate to disagree, but Mac 250/300s will turn their lamps on when you enter the MAN menu (which I assume Lee was doing, to obtain manual control). Thus the lamps are probably not striking on power up. :huh:

Lee, what desk are you using?

Hate to disagree, but Mac 250/300s will turn their lamps on when you enter the MAN menu (which I assume Lee was doing, to obtain manual control).  Thus the lamps are probably not striking on power up.  ;)

Possible! ;) To determine whether or not this is the case - Lee, when you go into MAN mode, does the light output snap up to full, or slowly increase in brightness?

Spin all the mac's round so the lenses are pointing at you, if the lamps are on you will see a bright white glow through the lense even though there is no light coming out of the front. You should also be able to see the lamp through the vents on the back of the head if they're on.

EDIT: Is there not a LED next to the display to show if the lamp is on?

my money's on the reset channel - especially with strand desks, run up to about 80 and stop--any more and it'll reset again. I've never quite worked out why this happens - maybe on power up the desk sends a '0' on all outputs. I often resorted to sticking the light-up in a macro.

sounds like the macs arn't set to auto strike,  this will be in the menu, however another solution would be to do this remotly, ur desk may have a macro for this. best thing to do is read the user manual, they are wonderful things, and as I've found in this industry, hold the key to many simple problems such as these.

mac300: http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile...EN_C.PDF&cat=65

mac250+: http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile...EN_D.PDF&cat=65

kris

glad I'm not alone here ;)

Not meaning to sound rude - but it was the first thing I refered too, even though I have read the manual on more than one occassion.

Hate to disagree, but Mac 250/300s will turn their lamps on when you enter the MAN menu (which I assume Lee was doing, to obtain manual control).  Thus the lamps are probably not striking on power up.  ;)

Possible! ;) To determine whether or not this is the case - Lee, when you go into MAN mode, does the light output snap up to full, or slowly increase in brightness?

Slowly increases in brightness

Spin all the mac's round so the lenses are pointing at you, if the lamps are on you will see a bright white glow through the lense even though there is no light coming out of the front. You should also be able to see the lamp through the vents on the back of the head if they're on.

EDIT: Is there not a LED next to the display to show if the lamp is on?

No there is no light behind the vents when they are pointing at you, only when set up in manual mode.

There is an LED to determine when there is a light output - but it isn't lit until you either run test or manualy turn it on.

Archived